"If you want to make the world a better place, just look at yourself and make that change..." ~Michael Jackson

"Get busy living or get busy dying..." ~The Shawshank Redemption

~Semisonic

"Every new beginning comes from some other beginning's end..." ~Semisonic



Sunday, March 7, 2010

Thirty "30"

This year, 2010 seems to be the year of the "30". So far, my husband Ric, has celebrated his 30th year at his workplace. Now considering today's market place, where your lucky if you can make it to 5 or even 10 years, your doing good for yourself. But we all know that back in the day, our fathers or even mothers if need be, were considered lifers and jobs felt a little bit more sacred than they are today. Companies and employees are not like they used to be and that's NOT a comforting thought for our youth. Maybe things will change! We can only hope they do.

This year we will also be celebrating our 30th Wedding anniversary. Wow, thereto is another feat, considering the divorce rate of our youngsters. I wonder do they really know the meaning of "True Love" or "Sole mate"? Like on the Bachelor, he said he was in love with 3-4 women. Are you kidding me! Sometimes it feels as though people quit on each other too quickly. They plan give up. I don't understand it, but I do pray that my children will eventually have what we have. 30 years plus a life time of happiness together.

I would like to say that my son will be 30 this year, but it is not until next January that he will be, and can I just say "That" hits me harder than 30 years of marriage or even turning 50. In other words, our first born, baby boy will be "30". Yikes! But then again, thats next year right. Life is moving quickly, it's a good thing we enjoy it. Thirty "30", it's a good number.

No comments:

Post a Comment