"If you want to make the world a better place, just look at yourself and make that change..." ~Michael Jackson

"Get busy living or get busy dying..." ~The Shawshank Redemption

~Semisonic

"Every new beginning comes from some other beginning's end..." ~Semisonic



Monday, March 29, 2010

Updates on Abby's Quest

I am so amazed with this 16 year old young lady from CA.  She, as you know wants to be the youngest to solo cercumnavigate around the World in 6 months.  Her trip started on 1-23-10 and as of today she is here: 

I'm now scheduled to be at the Horn Tuesday. It is pretty exciting watching how much closer I get each day and with all this wind I should be able to make up for some of the time I lost dealing with my autopilot. Right now all I have up is my little staysail and I'm making 9.5 knots!


Cape Horn is supposed to be a difficult pass, which she should head into tomorrow, so let's keep her in our prayers.  You can check out her site (http://www.abbysunderland.com/) and blog so you can travel around the world with her.

No comments:

Post a Comment